I realize I've been a bit neglectful toward this here blog lately but I have a very good reason - I have been parenting alone the past 6 weeks and 2 days and needed all my time for the 239871298374 million other things I had to get done. Let me start by saying that this time actually went by pretty steadily and I can't exactly find reason to complain except for a few key areas - alone time and SLEEP!! I haven't had a full nights sleep in at least 6 weeks and it's quite frankly exhausting let alone I haven't gone to the bathroom without some little face watching me for about three weeks...oh the joys of parenthood!
Anyway - this all started because Brennan had to go to St.Louis, MO for work and left at the end of February...man that seems like a long time ago!! Luckily my mother was nice enough to come to Greenville and week after B left and drive the kids and I to Charlotte for some quality family time for three whole weeks!! It was super fun as I'm sure you read the
"Fun with Aunt Alyssa" post I did while in Charlotte. It was so fun seeing my sister, staying at my grandparents house and visiting with all my other family members. Here are
some, I mean a million, photos from the trip...
 |
| Bubbe & PopPop let the boys play with pots and pans!! I don't even let them do that! |
 |
| Some Safta lovin'! |
 |
| PopPop and Emmett!! He was absolutely fascinated with Emmett's abilities...LOVE! |
 |
| Logan and Uncle David hangin' around... |
 |
| Bubbe and Emmett laughin' and playin'... |
 |
| Logan and cousin Evan shootin' some hoops! |
 |
| He's a natural! |
 |
| Check out that stance! |
 |
| Are we having fun?! |
We were in Charlotte for St.Patty's Day! Here's what the boys wore!! SO CUTE!! We went to the zoo that day...more to come on that in another post!
Along with the Columbia, SC Zoo...we also went to Discovery Place, Logan attended Sports Class at Gymboree Play and Music once a week, we had playdates with Cousin Cylas and
Lilly Baum. It was a great trip and a wonderful way to pass the time while Brennan was gone. It was definitely hard explaining to Logan that Daddy wouldn't be at home when we got back but thanks to my friend, Alyssia (another coastie wife) the remaining time we spent at home without Brennan went by fast!
To make sure Brennan had a super fabulous homecoming we decorated his car with car markers and posters and filled it with balloons. He wasn't overly thrilled with all the decor, but he appreciated the gesture. The kids could not wait to see him...I kept them home from school that day, Logan was sick anyway...and we waited and waited (until lunch time) for Brennan to come home!! Here was some pics...let me preface by saying Emmett is, as it would appear, a bit confused at first as to who Brennan is...then he got it :). And yes I bought the kids special shirts to celebrate!! Brennan liked that :)
 |
| So EXCITED! |
 |
| He had to go out and greet him! |
 |
| Daddy bought Logan a puzzle that of course he wanted to do right away! |
Brennan was so excited to see the kids and they were equally as excited. In the time Brennan was gone Logan grew probably half an inch and went up a whole shoe size AND Emmett started walking and got two top teeth!! It was a very eventful time but we are SO HAPPY it's OVER!!
Welcome Home Brennan!! We hope you never leave us for that long again...though, as you can see, we survived just fine!!
More to come on our adventures in Charlotte...
Diana
No comments:
Post a Comment