Monday, March 12, 2012

Fun with Aunt Alyssa

This weekend the kids and I are in Charlotte visiting family while Brennan is gone for almost two months with work.  We decided to leave Greenville and try and have some fun hoping the time would pass a bit faster.  My sister, Alyssa or Aunt CeCe as the kids call her, is visiting us this week too!! YAY!! Anyway, today she and I decided to take Logan and Emmett to Monkey Joe's for a little bit of fun.  We finally got ourselves and the kids ready and headed out to the Monkey Joe's on Park Road.  Logan was SO excited and had a lot of fun...for about 10 minutes...here are some pictures before I explain the rest of the story...




As I was saying...we were at this location no more than 5-10 minutes when Logan comes down a slide crying and I can totally see why - his pants were soaking wet - he had had an accident.  I guess with all the excitement he just couldn't hold it.  I of course did not bring any extra clothes because we've been accident free for a long time and I didn't think to worry about it.  Logan wanted to strip right there in Monkey Joe's but I graciously carried him outside while my wonderful sister carried Emmett and pushed the stroller with all of our stuff.  There was nothing else I could do - we'd have to go home to get more clothes.  So I stripped Logan in the parking lot and put him in his car-seat wrapped in a blanket - I had no choice.  And since it was getting close to lunch time and I was not overly impressed with the Park Road Monkey Joe's we decided to go home, regroup, change clothes, eat lunch and go to the Monkey Joe's in Pineville which is much better.  

The funniest moment of this whole ordeal was on our way home...I'm driving the car and Alyssa and I hear Logan from the backseat say, in a most exaggerated tone, "Why am I SO naked?!".  HILARIOUS!! I almost had an accident myself.  I mean, how could he have totally forgotten about the accident already?! Funny how quickly kids recover from things!! I am laughing about this as I'm writing about it...too funny!!

Anyway - we did finally eat lunch, change clothes and head to the other Monkey Joe's.  Much better...Logan cried he didn't want to leave!! Emmett has a super fun time too!! Here are some more pictures:


Aunt CeCe took Emmett in the "little man" zone!

Yes that's Me helping Logan through the obstacle course!

Aunt CeCe took a turn too!!
This was the part Logan needed some help with!

Having so much fun!!
Logan won 120 tickets playing games!!
Ah the adventures in parenting.  Glad my sis was able to help with the whole adventure!! We have about two more weeks in the Queen City and then we'll be headed home.

More to come, stay tuned!!

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment