What a Halloween we had this year!! I'm so glad we planned on being in Minnesota for Halloween because last year's Halloween in Greenville was not very exciting. This year Logan picked out his costume all on his own...I know you're all going to be shocked when I tell you he choose Finn McMissile, from Cars 2. He was so excited to wear his costume and couldn't wait to put it on Monday afternoon. Emmett was a pumpkin...I know it's not very "original" but I really feel the pumpkin was the perfect costume for Emmett, so whatever.
Our Halloween celebration started last saturday when we went to Minnesota Harvest and picked out our pumpkins. (See Minnesota Harvest Blog for more...)
We decided that we would carve our pumpkins that night since we had the time so Brennan, Me, and Grandpa Russ all carved pumpkins. Logan helped...by pulling out the pumpkin pieces as I carved...
| He was so proud that he was helping!! Logan helped me pick which thing I was going to carve...(it's a Cat/Bat) Here's a picture of Brennan hard at work... |
Grandpa Russ was very proud of his creation...
Uncle Mike got in on some of the action too...
Brennan's friend Cooper was there too...He helped scoop the goo!!
And here are our finished products:
| From Left to Right: A vampire (by Brennan), Ghosts (by Russ), Cat/Bat (by Me), and a crazy face (by Me) |
Then we went home to rest and eat dinner before taking Logan out trick or treating for the first time!! Here are some family pics...they're not the best but I my I can never load vertical photos onto this thing so you'll just have to deal with it!
And we took Logan Trick or Treating!!
I honestly think that although Logan has fun knocking on doors and saying "Trick or Treat", his favorite part was answering the door for the trick or treaters that came to our house. Every time someone rang the doorbell he would run out of his seat and open the door and say, "Are you here?!" Then he'd ask them what they were dressed up as...he had so much fun!!
All in all it was a great Halloween!! Everyone had fun and I can't wait to have 2 trick or treaters next year!
More to come from our visit in Minnesota...we're going to the Children's Museum tomorrow!!
Diana
Niiiiiiice. Trick or tweet!
ReplyDelete