Monday, October 31, 2011

October Update

October Update
Yay it’s fall!! Gotta love the cooler temperatures and the changing leaves! We’ve had an incredible month and I’m so excited to share this update with you!

Me, Myself & I
Emotionally:  Doin’ really well! Started work and am still feelin’ pretty confident! I know it’s going to be challenging but overall I’m grateful for the opportunity.  Also we got to visit with family this month which is always AWESOME!
Physically:  Will the tiredness ever end?! Still not getting full nights sleep…maybe by Emmett’s 1st birthday?! Haha who knows…makin’ it work though!
Weight loss: Still working on it!
Employment: Loving it!! I’m having so much fun and can’t wait to see what a full day of work will be like come November!
Things I am Thankful for: My in-laws for letting us crash at their house for two weeks while running them ragged with all the fun things we had planned! My husband who supports me no matter what and helps me make hard decisions when I’m on the fence about something.  Infant’s Ibprophen for which I would not have gotten as much sleep as I have due to Emmett’s teething!

Logan - 33 Months
Growin’ like a weed:
Size: Height: About 39.5” Weight: About 39 lbs...Percentile: 95thWhat this means: We've officially moved into 4T/5T clothing and size 9 shoes.  I’ve just recently bought Logan all new fall/winter clothes including an adorable jacket from Old Navy.  Hoping to find him a fleece while in Minnesota!

Teething: Complete!! All of Logan’s teeth are finally in! Going to take him for his first dentist appointment in the next few weeks – can’t believe it!

Sleep: Sleepin’ really well!! Hoping to nip everything in the bud once we get home from Minnesota!

New Skills:
Tried Something New: This past week Logan had his first experience on Theme Park rides at Nickelodeon Universe in the Mall of America! He loved it…
Potty Training: Still a work in progress…he’s staying dry most of the time during the day and at night…thinking we’ll start wearing underwear once we get back to school in November.

Likes: Playing outside, digging in the dirt, Sharks and any kind of animal, bath time with his brother, meeting new friends,  making Emmett laugh and wiping away kisses (from mommy in particular)! And the book "Lull-a-bye Little One"!


Dislikes: Time out and leaving play-dates!

Saying(s) of the month:
 
·         “….nevermind”- what kid says nevermind!?
·         He told the women in Emmett’s preschool class the following when we went to pick Emmett up one day: “Give Mommy her baby back” and “Mommy wants her baby back!” – He was very concerned they were going to keep Emmett!!


Emmett – 5 Months, Week 4
Growin’ like a weed, too:
Size – Height: 28” Weight: 21lbs Percentile: 95thWhat this means: 6-9 month clothing…more like 9 month - gonna have to go shopping for this kid too!

Teething: We can see the very beginnings of his two bottom teeth!! They’re gonna pop any day I just know it!!

Sleep:  Getting’ better.  Emmett is actually taking naps at school which was my biggest fear!! YAY!! And we’re still holding at 1 (sometimes 2) feedings a night.  With all the teething nonsense he sleeps in our bed most of the time. 

New Skills/”Firsts”: Starting to push himself around!! Emmett hasn’t quite mastered crawling yet but he’s definitely learned to get from point A to point B!! It’s so cute – he rolls and pushes himself all over the place! Can’t wait till he learns to pick his butt up and crawl!! He is also close to supporting himself while sitting up.  He can sit up for a little while by himself but eventually rolls over onto his belly…I know he’ll master this soon!

Food: Emmett definitely loves his baby food.  His favorites are Green Beans, Apple Vanilla Grain, and Farmer’s Market Vegetables – we are feeding him Gerber Baby Food, Stage 2…I hope to maybe try giving him a sippy cup with juice when we get home!!

Likes: Emmett still loves attention and having people talk to him.  He also loves his elephant toy, being in his exosaucer and the new Hippo Toy Grandma bought for him.   Emmett loved the aquarium and he loves being outside.  Books are also something Emmett seems to really like - his favorites are "Hush Little Polar Bear" and "Goodnight Moon"!

Dislikes: The sun in his eyes, sleeping by himself, loud noises and apples. 

I’m amazed at how quickly these updates come along and how much the kids are growing and learning!  October has been a month filled with fun and family and it’s been wonderful! I’m looking forward to November as we give thanks for so many incredible things in our life!

Until next time…



Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment