Saturday, October 1, 2011

Say Cheese

One of my favorite things to do with the kids is have pictures made.  Well I hadn't had pictures done of Emmett until my trip to Charlotte, but I've had Logan's done a couple of times and always love the photos.  I usually go to Sears Portrait Studio because they do a military discount of 20%, which, when you're buying photos for three sets of parents, one set of grandparents and yourself it can become expensive rather quickly.  Plus I always like to purchase the CD of the images.  It's super important to me to be able to keep my photos and print them whenever I want.  The CD's are usually the expensive part of the package, but totally worth it.  Anyway, so far I've had portraits done of Logan at 3 months and family portraits taken when Logan turned 1 year old.  So it was definitely time to have some pictures taken of Emmett and of Logan and Emmett together.  

I decided to complete this "goal" while in Charlotte because I could have the Sears portraits taken along with having an outdoor photo shoot done by one of my step-sister's friends.  We planned the outdoor photo shoot first.  Timing is everything with kids photos...they need to be well rested and have full tummies and it helps to have other people there to help get them to smile, complete outfit and diaper changes and be there for morale support.  

So for our outdoor session at Freedom Park I brought my Mom and Step-Sister, made sure I had plenty of bottles on hand for Emmett and decided against doing an outfit change unless someone (Logan) got really dirty.  We decided to have the pictures taken at 11:30am which would be in-between Emmett's naps. The woman (Licy) taking the photos even brought her two year old daughter along to play with Logan!!  
The best thing about outdoor photos is that they can really show what kind of kid Logan is.  Emmett of course isn't really old enough to do anything "Emmett" like, besides smile.  Here are some of Logan's pics:




LOVE the pictures!! And here are some of Logan with Emmett:


How cute right?! You can really see just how much Logan loves his little brother!!

And here's my favorite of Emmett:

Now I must discuss our Sears experience.  It was AWESOME!! The best we've ever had!! We scheduled these photos for noon one day and planned three outfit changes.  I brought my mother along to assist.  The woman who took these photos was incredible.  She really listened to what I wanted and really captured the boys attention!! We were done in like 45 minutes, which I would call a record considering the amazing shots she took!! Here are my favorites:





I was so surprised with how well Logan did at the photo session.  He listened and smiled on cue and was so helpful with Emmett!! What a proud Mommy I am!! 

A special Thank You to Safta for helping us accomplish these tasks!! I couldn't have done it without you and I know the pictures wouldn't have been nearly as good!! I'm so glad that I decided to have both types of photos taken of the kids.  They're all so different and beautiful.  

I'm in the process of collecting pictures frames so that I can create a gallery wall in our next apartment/house. Brennan would kill me if I made him hang one more frame in our current apartment so I'm waiting until we move next summer to our new location before attempting this project. So for now I've filled all the frames in my house with pictures of the boys and I absolutely love looking at them!!

Until next time...

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment