The sweetest sound in the entire world is the sound or sounds that your children produce. In the beginning it is the simplest sound - your babies heartbeat. Every mom has that moment when they hear it for the first time - its like time stands still - like if you breath you'll miss it...Then that little person enters the world and you wait for their cry...that cry that tells you they've finally arrived.
After your baby is born you hang on their every milestone and wait patiently from week to week to see what he or she is going to do next. For me I wait for their sounds. When Logan laughed for the first time it happened so fast I found myself doing anything I could to make it happen again. Logan was not a noisy baby and so every time he made any type of noise (which I had to work for for hours on end) I was elated.
Emmett on the other hand has been a talker since birth. For his first 48 hours of life he hummed the most magical noise only someone so new to the world could produce. And from then until now he has voiced his happiness and frustration to anyone that will listen. He makes noise when he sleeps, he laughs, he giggles, he squeals...he even makes noise right before he sneezes...and I hang on every single note that his little body makes and so does Logan, which makes it even more fun. We both sit in front of him for hours trying to make him "talk".
The most incredible thing about Emmett's noises are the ones he makes in reaction to his brother. It is a bond that began the day Emmett was born and you can see it every time he looks at his big brother. Tonight I witnessed the most magical moment of pure joy between them. We were all sitting on the couch together when Brennan started playing "Patty Cake" with Logan. Every time they would get to the end and Brennan would say "...and put it in the oven for baby and me" Logan would laugh. Emmett could not take his eyes off of Logan and every time Logan began to laugh, Emmett would laugh too!! Brennan and Logan played patty cake over and over again and every time they got to the end Emmett would watch Logan start to smile and he too would smile and laugh and squeal. It was the most incredible thing to witness! Brennan and I just looked at each other, sharing in a moment of pure happiness.
After your baby is born you hang on their every milestone and wait patiently from week to week to see what he or she is going to do next. For me I wait for their sounds. When Logan laughed for the first time it happened so fast I found myself doing anything I could to make it happen again. Logan was not a noisy baby and so every time he made any type of noise (which I had to work for for hours on end) I was elated.
Emmett on the other hand has been a talker since birth. For his first 48 hours of life he hummed the most magical noise only someone so new to the world could produce. And from then until now he has voiced his happiness and frustration to anyone that will listen. He makes noise when he sleeps, he laughs, he giggles, he squeals...he even makes noise right before he sneezes...and I hang on every single note that his little body makes and so does Logan, which makes it even more fun. We both sit in front of him for hours trying to make him "talk".
(here's a small taste...most are on my phone and I have yet figured out how to get them off)
The most incredible thing about Emmett's noises are the ones he makes in reaction to his brother. It is a bond that began the day Emmett was born and you can see it every time he looks at his big brother. Tonight I witnessed the most magical moment of pure joy between them. We were all sitting on the couch together when Brennan started playing "Patty Cake" with Logan. Every time they would get to the end and Brennan would say "...and put it in the oven for baby and me" Logan would laugh. Emmett could not take his eyes off of Logan and every time Logan began to laugh, Emmett would laugh too!! Brennan and Logan played patty cake over and over again and every time they got to the end Emmett would watch Logan start to smile and he too would smile and laugh and squeal. It was the most incredible thing to witness! Brennan and I just looked at each other, sharing in a moment of pure happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment