Wow what a week it has been!! I celebrated my 27th birthday on Sept.8th and couldn't have asked for a better weekend of celebration! I started my birthday waking up with my boys. We got dressed and headed to my grandparents house (Bubbe & PopPop) for a birthday breakfast. What did we eat you ask?! Well duh, Chick-fil-a of course. I had the chicken mini's, Logan has a plain biscuit and Emmett had fruit. (Yes we started Emmett on baby food a few weeks ago...will blog about that another time). Anyway, we played at my grandparents house until late afternoon and we had so much fun.
| Yes Logn's Shirt says "I (heart) Mom!!" |
Then Safta got in on the action...
Emmett was around too...
So after spending most of the day with Bubbe, PopPop and my Mom the boys and I headed back to my Dad's house to spend the evening. When I arrived guess what was waiting for me?! Beautiful flowers that Brennan had sent. The card was even better...it said, "Happy Birthday. This isn't your gift but something to hold you over until it arrives!!" LOVE!! I haven't received the gift yet but will update when I do. I must say that the flowers were completely unexpected (though I always hope to get them on special occasions). I always love getting flowers from Brennan...just somethin' special about getting flowers from my man.
Anyway...after my dad got home we ordered dinner, Chinese/sushi of couse, and sat down to a nice meal with Logan and Emmett. To my surprise he even got me a cake:
| It was chocolate with cream cheese icing!! And Dad & Logan sang Happy Birthday... |
It was so fun celebrating my birthday with Logan and Emmett. I can honestly say I don't feel that much older though so much has happened in this past year. One of the best things about my birthday this year was that I got to celebrate it with my "wombmate" and "twinster" Alyssa. She came in on Friday evening and we went to Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar. It was the first time I had ever been there and it was AWESOME!! It had a huge menu and there was really something for everyone. Alyssa and I shared some sushi and it was delicious!! My brother had burgushi - if you don't know what this is it's totally worth looking up the menu to find out! Anyway, we had a wonderful time...here's a picture - sorry Deb, I know it's not the best but it's the only one I have.
The birthday celebration continued Saturday night with dinner at my Mom's house with my grandparents. We had a wonderful meal and it was fun to celebrate with my family and Logan and Emmett (we missed you Brennan!!). This time Logan waited till we counted to three to help us blow out the candles!!
Such an awesome birthday weekend! I couldn't have asked for anything better then to be celebrating my birthday with Alyssa and the kids...well except if Brennan had been there, obviously. I can't wait to see what year 28 will bring me...
Cheers to another year twinster!! (I'm sure it'll catch on eventually)
Diana

No comments:
Post a Comment