Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Beachin' it...

We're so lucky that for the past two years my Dad and Deb have arranged for us to go to the beach with them during our Charlotte trip.  Logan loves the beach and it's so nice to go somewhere different for a few days.  Last year the weather was beautiful and we spent every day on the beach and/or in the pool.  This year the weather, well sucked, but with so many other "tourist" attractions we had plenty to do.  We were also fortunate this year to have Aunt Jessica, my very preggers step-sister, join us this trip! She got a first hand look at what her life is going to be like come November! (This blog is kinda long because I wanted to get everything in...)

Anyway, the girls and little men drove down to Myrtle Beach, SC on Thursday.  We survived the car ride and made it down in time to have a late dinner and Aunt Jess and Mimi even took Logan on a walk down on the beach.  He had so much fun and they kept him out of the water by telling him that "sharks come out at night" = so funny! Aunt Jessica and Logan really hit it off during this trip - she's an awesome playmate and is going to be an awesome mommy to Cylas!! Here's some pics of her practicing her "playing with cars" skills:



The next morning we woke up and realized the weather was yucky to say the least so we decided that Dad and I would take Logan and Emmett to the new aquarium.  It was jam packed full of people but so much fun!! There was a super cool shark exhibit:


And they had a moving sidewalk that took you through an aquarium that even went over your head.


Yes those are sharks!! They were humongous but SO COOL!! Logan could only stand on the sidewalk for so long before we had to get off and walk around.  Papa (my dad) took Emmett, who was asleep, to go sit and wait while Logan and I explored the very crowded aquarium.  Here are some more pics...don't have any of Logan touching anything because he wouldn't do it!! It's times like these when I remember he's only 2 1/2!!

And they had this cool spot where you could take your picture and it looks like you're in a clam shell.  We had the flash on so the pic isn't that great, but you get the idea!! 

Dad and Logan even made it out the beach for a few hours that afternoon...I stayed inside with Emmett...this is a picture from our 14th floor window:

So if you're ever at Myrtle Beach you must check out the aquarium AND the Alligator Adventure, which Papa and Mimi took the kids to on Saturday so that Aunt Jessica and I could go see "The Help".  (Which was awesome!! I hadn't been to a movie in over a year!!)

Since I didn't attend the excursion to the Alligator Park I will just post some pictures.  I will say that Logan again showed his age a bit when they brought the alligator right up to him to touch and he cried...kinda sad, but the experience was still great.






He came back to the condo and couldn't stop telling me about all the animals they saw!! Thanks Papa & Mimi for letting me take the afternoon off!! 

And thanks for the fabulous trip to the beach!! Hope we can do it again next year...maybe with the whole fam?!











No comments:

Post a Comment